Sunday 19 May 2013

The Start of Something New…


So I wrote half of this post before my laptop decided to randomly turn off, which is rather annoying as I now have to start from the beginning…Which according to Julie Andrews is ‘a very good place to start…’

So I have finished University. Farewell institutionalised education. I will miss you. Not. Hello being a ‘Lady of Leisure’ – or as my friend called me early a ‘lazy slob’ – she hasn’t finished yet, she is clearly just ‘well jel.’

So I am truly a ‘Lady of Leisure’ for the first time in 17 years…I can partake in activities without that constant thought at the back of head - ‘Do I really want to do this? Will it affect my day in the Library tomorrow?’ I am FREE. I have looked forward to this day for many a time and I am glad that it is finally here. No more stress, deadlines, essays, you name it and I don’t have to do it (only educational related stuff mind).

So what does being a ‘Lady of Leisure’ entail?  Well, where do I star? Mid-morning al fresco milkshakes, sunbathing on the beach, cheeky lunch and Pimms at the pub, buying clothes, more beach times – with ice cream this time round, followed off by a lovely Sunday evening out on the town (which I should be getting ready for – the glitter is coming out. Aber are you ready for us?!). SO MUCH FUN…Despite all the fun I will be having, I know that by this time next week I will miss the routine and structured life…

So what am I going to do now? I am not the career orientated kind of girl. How do I know what I want to be doing in 20 years’ time? I am only 21. Don’t get me wrong, I am an ambitious person, it’s just that I want to be defined by my job. I want to travel, see the world, experience life, write a book, and have my own radio show. I will be happy as long as I have enough money to meet my needs. It is time to live in the present and not care about the future. I mean I will get there at some point.

Baring this in mind, I have entitled this post ‘The Start of Something New’ (inspired by High School Musical), because I feel it is reflective of the stage of my life I am at. I have finished a chapter of my life, and am about to start a new one…Hopefully, one that is just as good as the one I am closing (though I hope not as stressful!). It is the time to meet new people, see new places, and have new experiences. Embrace the present. Live my life. Love my life.

So here is my life advice I have for people who are in the same position as me, and are ending a chapter and starting a new unknown one:

‘Why think about the future when you can live in the present?’ 
– Ruchita Shah, Motivational and Life Speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment